9.04.2008

Y-M-C-A

we finally broke down and joined the "y". and as i sit here in post-workout exhaustion/euphoria, i know why.

i took a yoga class this morning. my first in more than 2 years, and it was WONDERFUL. my body burns in that delightful way it will after a truly strenuous workout. i'm filled with all those natural endorphins that are as close to a "high" as i get these days. and i'm feeling a sense of satisfaction that lounging in front of the television rarely provides.

the "y" has a pool, so i can swim. it has a great class schedule, so pilates and yoga are back in my life. it has a ton of NEW equipment that my FREE personal trainer is going to help me work into my routine. 2 locations in town are less than 10 minutes from our work and our home. they offer dance classes periodically ~ i've even heard ballet!!! and the locker room, having just been remodeled less than 6 months ago, has a sauna, a steam room and plenty of space where i can get ready for work.

no more excuses. flabby butt, be gone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, not feeling so great about my self now. Lets see, it is my
12th hour straight, of being in front of a computer. I had breakfast and lunch at my desk in front of one, and now at home, shoveling fork fulls of lettuce in my mouth, wondering WHY I am not losing weight.

The "Y" you say? Hummmm......

Whitney said...

I just re-joined the gym last week. I figured it was time now that my "baby" is almost 6 months old.... no more excuses! And I'll admit that I was dreading it, but it felt so good afterwards!

I should be there now instead of blogging.