1.26.2009

red carpet ready

The 2009 awards fashion season is in full swing. Yippee. Oh, what fun it is to watch entertainment royalty parade up and down the red carpets! The coifs, the jewels, the gowns and the make-up leave a girl drooling at all the over the top opulence. So much to admire, so much to abhor. Though there have been quite of few ladies that I’ve felt were "blog worthy," I’ll just highlight a few who simply must be mentioned.


Christina Applegate (who is well on her way to becoming one of my FAVORITE style icons) was radiant in this fabulous Emanuel Ungaro gown at the screen actors’ guild awards on Sunday. How about that necklace? Can't go wrong with a Lorraine Schwartz... I think I NEED it to wear with a white t and jeans. What do you think?

And Eva Mendes (who tends to be hit or miss in my book) was a scene stealer at the golden globes a couple of weeks ago. She manages to look current and old, Hollywood glam all at once. That Dior gown is to die for and the necklace - perfection.
I don't know what it is about a fluffy, pink number that sends me over the moon. But Olivia Wilde was the belle of the ball at this season's globes. She was breathe taking. Her make-up was flawless. And the understated, nearly undone, hair was a brilliant move. This Reem Acra masterpiece was a star and Ms. Wilde was a vision.



But I would be re-miss if I didn't mention Anne Hathaway. I'm stoked to see Rachel getting married this Wednesday night. And if her performance is nearly as moving as her red carpet picks this season... I won't be disappointed. One of my favorites so far was the black and white Gianfranco Ferre that she wore to the critic's choice awards. It was edgy, young, flirty and current. What a treat to see her looking so amazing as she accepted the award for best actress. Take a look at her acceptance speech.







photo credits: 1. Jeff Vespa/WireImage 2. Steve Granitz/WireImage 3. unknown

No comments: