5.29.2009

Memory Lane - Graduation Edition

With all the high school and college graduations going on, I've gotten a bit nostalgic. Digging through old pictures is one of my FAVORITE treats, and this seemed like a perfect excuse to do just that.

Let's take a walk down memory lane...

Yes, that is my high school graduation shot. Good thing I have these pictures to prove I was there, because there isn't much of the evening that I remember. I graduated from Parkway South High School in 1994. That's right. 15! years! ago! Judging from the pudgy cheeks and humidity affected hair, I definitely would say I've gotten better with age. I'm there with my Pops, Mom and the BF at that time. I include him because in those days he was my world, and quite frankly, a high school graduation picture without him just wouldn't be complete.


I had to throw this shot in, just because it's one of many big hug shots of me and my Grandpa Paul. Without a doubt one of my all time favorite photos.

Six years and many, many packages of ramen noodles later came college graduation. Go ahead, get it out of your system... Yes, it took me 6 years to graduate from college. I did take some time off, but I also messed around a lot. You know, changing majors and whatnot. Once again, Mom, Dad and my grandparents were on hand to watch me collect my diploma.

That was 9 years (and 10 jobs) ago! I graduated with a BA in Interdisciplinary Studies with emphasis in Psychology, Sociology and English Literature. Those last 2 sentences really make me sound like an employer's dream don't they?? What I find entertaining is that today I'm not any more certain what I want to be when I grow up than I was then... On the bright side, my attitude has changed. Back then I felt pressure, like I needed to figure it out. Now, though, I'm more comfortable just waiting to see where life takes me.

No comments: