10.05.2009

Silver & Gold

Just spent time in the Lou over the weekend (recap post to follow - try to appropriately deal with the anticipation), which means a little time spent with wonderful old friends.

Maintaining old relationships while building new ones is a goal that I included on my Ultimate To DO List. Honestly, it isn't an easy thing to accomplish. Friendships need time and attention to grow and develop. That is just not easy to do when you work (sorta) full time, maintain a house, write occasionally and want to continue to be happily married. When you add in the wrinkle of friends living in different time zones, it gets complicated. (Not because of the time zones, people. We're talking AN hour in my case... it's because of the distance.) Sure, Facebook, cell phones and email make this easier, but nothing REALLY replaces heart conversations which are best experienced face to face.

Since our move it's taken time to forge new relationships here. But, I've begun to do that. My hope is that as time passes I become even better at tending to my relationships both new and old. It's definitely something to strive for and an area that has room for improvement!

But, in the mean time, this post is all about celebrating some of the relationships I've been blessed to be a part of up until now...

"Make new friends...
"But keep the Old...
"One is Silver...
"The other is Gold..." Do you remember that old song from Girl Scouts? I'm pretty surprised that I do since I didn't make it in scouts too long...

Anyway, I love my friends. Both those pictured and those close to my heart.

No comments: