11.18.2009

Bridesmaid for Hire


Have I mentioned how much I love being a bridesmaid? Seriously. It is probably one of my very favorite things. I could possibly one of the few women on earth who truly MEAN that statement. I would trade my amateur bridesmaid status in in a split second and absolutely go pro... if only there was a market for professional bridesmaids! I could easily make it my full time job, without a doubt. I love planning showers and bachelorette parties. I love consulting on ceremony plans, giving input on receptions and finding a fancy dancey frock - that I will only wear ONCE! (because, I don't know about you, but I don't have very many opportunities to get my hair and makeup done and put on formal dresses in my REAL life)

There is just something so incredibly special about being part of a friend/family member's wedding season. Yah, it's stressful. Yah, it's busy. Yah, it's expensive. But, what an honor! What a privilege to get to experience that crazy time and especially in such an intimate way.

So far, 2010 promises 6 weddings! For 2 of those I have the honor of being a bridesmaid. It is fantastic. And, for the record... I'm open to attending/planning/bridesmaiding more if called upon! Keep me in mind if one of your maids drop out at the last minute. Or, hey, better yet... is anyone in the mood to get engaged?

Check out my dress for the January wedding! Is that pretty or what? I fully anticipate striking that exact pose for a picture or two.

Now to figure out how to wear my hair...


photo from David's Bridal

No comments: