12.13.2009

12 Days Until Christmas...

I'm going to try this Christmas countdown thing again this year. Last year, didn't turn out so well. It, like many of my projects, started with a bang and then went unfinished. This year though, I'm better organized and even hopeful that I'll be able to fulfill the entire 12 day stint. Stay tuned.

To kick things off, let's talk about presents. More importantly, let's talk about wrapping presents! I'm a crazy wrapping fanatic. It's one of my favorite fa la la la la activities. I love to make presents pretty. You may or may not remember that I made my own wrapping paper last year. It was a true Martha moment for me. I didn't actually ever share any pictures, which I'm sad about, but I bragged here. This year I'm just as excited to be dressing my gifts up. I'm using brown paper again (always a great base) and I've created bows out of old magazines.



The project was super simple and the end product is pretty cute and kinda unique, if I do say so myself. Also, not only did I save money not having to buy bows, I'm also recycling! What a great way to put all those back issues to work. Finally my magazine addiction pays off.

3 comments:

Dontmissyoursunsetlady said...

I knew you loved Art, but I had no idea you were so crafty! What lovely gift wrap!
I will play it by ear about Tuesday, right now I have NO voice!

Lbeck said...

wrapping is also a favorite of mine, which is a good thing because the men in my life hate to do it, meaning I get stuck wraping all my moms presents, plus those for tom's family, etc. this technique is so clever, and eco-friendly. might have to steal it for next year!

Brian said...

Any interest in wrapping your Christmas presents?;)