3.11.2010

Thankful Thursday/ Episode 45

Remember back in February when I told you about my friend Carrie's husband, Grand? He's the soldier who was SERIOUSLY injured while serving in Afghanistan.

Well have I got an update for you!

Would you believe that man is up and out of his hospital bed? His feeding tube was removed at the beginning of the month (I believe HE removed it…). He’s lucid enough that he and his wife have been able to share real heart to heart conversations. He's survived five bajillion surgeries.  He’s out of ICU. He’s in a manual wheelchair moving himself all over the hospital. And there is talk of Grand moving into an offsite facility with Carrie (she described it like a Ronald McDonald House) in the next week!

I’m telling you, if I hadn’t been reading this story every day on Caring Bridge (go ahead, you can too) I wouldn’t believe it.

Episode 45: “Today I am thankful for… TRUE stories filled with hope and healing.”

Certainly Grand’s story isn’t the only totally miraculous one out there. Often our heavenly father is merciful to heal and restore in the most seemingly dire situations. Without a doubt, this has been one of those incidents. To witness it is a pleasure and a privilege. The medical care and emotional support provided for Grand and his family is too overwhelming to be just a series of good luck. Clearly God has his hands all over this event and intends to (continue to) use it for a greater purpose.

Just think, as mind-boggling as Grand’s healing process has been so far, the story isn’t over yet.

So today, I am thankful.



If you’re interested in keeping up with this family’s astonishing story, Carrie has a blog that you can read by clicking here.  Go back to the beginning and read the whole thing.  You will find yourself continually picking your jaw up off the floor!

1 comment:

Dontmissyoursunsetlady said...

I am thrilled! I have prayed for them since I read of your post! Wonderful to see you today!