7.27.2010

I (haven't) Been Everywhere, Man (yet)

Doesn’t that song always stick in your head after the Choice Hotel Commercial? You’ve got to love Johnny Cash!

One of the items on my Ultimate To DO list is to visit each of the 50 states (& D.C). My rules are that I need photographic proof of my visit – preferably with ME in the shot. I’ve spent the last couple of hours going through old pictures to document my travels and create a photo album dedicated to this project. My search yielded pictures in 26 of the states. Not too shabby. (Though my actual number is much higher…) I guess that means there are some states that I'm going to need to re-visit because, crapolla, I didn’t take a picture when I was there the first time.

Honey, pack your bags!

Rather than inflict all 26 photos on you at this point, I decided to share 5 with you today. It’ll be the first in an installment of posts. Woo Hoo.

So, here you are! I'm taking the lazy way out this time. I’ve scoured my hard drive and gathered easy to post pictures as to avoid involving the scanner just yet…

1. Alaska


The handsome hubby and I took a cruise to Alaska for our honeymoon back in 2006.
It was breathtaking. We got to stop in three different Alaskan ports and experience landscapes unlike any other I’ve ever seen. We kayaked around glaciers, rode a zip line through a rain forest, spied on black bears fishing in their natural habitat and feasted on several types of mouth watering, wild caught salmon that I’ve had dreams about since then.

2. Washington


On the same honeymoon trip we spent an evening on either end of the cruise in Seattle.
What a fun city. Besides the fact that there is a coffee shop on every corner – who couldn’t fall in love with that – the beautiful port was a fabulous place to share a yummy dinner. Plus, we actually got to enjoy some sunshine while we were there! I didn’t think they had sunshine in Seattle.
(p.s. Honey, just because I’ve been to Washington State doesn’t mean we can’t go back!
Oh, how I love the Pacific Northwest!!)

3.  Georgia


During our first year living in the SEC we took a trip a bit further down south to watch the Georgia/Georgia Tech football game over Thanksgiving weekend. Tailgating and College Football in Georgia is MUCH different than it was at my Alma mater. It was quite an experience!

4.  Arizona


The hubby and I had the pleasure of visiting family in Phoenix in 2009.
I fell absolutely in love with the desert. It wasn’t my first visit to the valley of the sun but it was definitely my favorite. Great food, beautiful scenery and a fantastic visit with family made memories that will last a lifetime.

5. North Carolina


To celebrate our third anniversary, the handsome hubs and I took a trip to Asheville, North Carolina. Nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains, Asheville has so, so much to offer. It’s lousy with local art, the restaurants are to DIE for, the landscapes are gorgeous and there’s a ton to do. It was a gem that I never would have imagined I would enjoy.

AND If you can't get enough life lists, you should check out Alivia's.  She just posted her list recently and it's chock full of ideas to add to your own list.  Stop by her blog to cheer her on!