11.19.2010

Oh, Say Can You See

We got back from D.C. on Tuesday night and it seems like life has been moving NON-STOP since we hit the ground.  But that is a whole other blog post, which I intend to write soon. When I get time.  Which seems like might never happen.  But I digress.

Before the trip fades too far into the distance, I wanted to share a few pictures of the beauty that is our nation's capitol.  I'm not an uber-patriot by any means, but man oh man do I love me some Washington, D.C.

And D.C. in the Fall is absolutely breathtaking.  We were incredibly fortunate to have temps in the 50s & 60s (in November?!?) and many of the trees were still showing off.  There were brightly colored leaves around every turn and they made the architecture, gorgeous in its own right, all the more amazing.


Our first night in town we snuck down to the mall to see the Lincoln Memorial.  When you add a walk through the George Washington Campus & sushi for dinner, it's tough to beat that date night!


The remaining days and nights were filled with tourist attractions, yummy food and some special time with family.





I think I've mentioned this before, but I kind of LOVE taking pictures of architecture.  D.C. afforded me many, many opportunities.  I did take some people pics too... but if I shared all of those, we'd be here for an hour or so.  Instead, I'm choosing to share the scenery in the hopes that it will entice you to make a trip to D.C. SOON!  (And bring me.)


Even with all the amazing things we got to see and do, I've already started my list of "Next time we're in D.C, I want to see..."  Yes, it's another list.  Don't mock.

In other news, I've linked up Monday's post elsewhere and wanted to point you in that direction.
Check out Carrie's Busy Nothings for a Thankfulness-fest.  Carrie's got a never-ending list of things she's thankful for going over there.  Feel free to add yours too!!

But before you go, tell me your favorite D.C. attraction OR if you've never been where will you stop first when you get there?