1.17.2011

Golden Globes Fashion!

Eeeeeeeee! 
I'm a crazy huge fan of Red Carpet Fashion.  Crazy. Huge.

And you guys, last night did not disappoint.  There were just so many beautiful, beautiful dresses.
It was a night of sparkles everywhere and a bevy of blush toned, nude and neutral gowns filled the red carpet.  But don't take my word for it; check out some of my favorites for yourself.


I quite literally gasped when Julie Bowen walked onto the stage.  Her pale grey Tadashi Shoji gown was so exquisite, it stopped my breath.

I owe a huge, huge thank you to my girlfriend Cameron for pointing out the back of Eva Longoria's gown.  I liked the front, but the detailing around the back collar of this Zac Posen dress is what convinced me it was truly noteworthy.


I kinda love the Glenda the BAD which vibe Olivia Wilde has going here.  Her chocolate brown Marchesa dress was only outshone by her killer Louboutin's.


I would like to extend a big old "Welcome" to Hailee Steinfeld!  Not only was she fantastic in True Grit, I'm in love with her red carpet look.  Her Prabal Gurung gown is really beautiful and she's been styled to a "T."  Simply Stunning.


It took three looks at Leighton Meester's gown before I got it.  But, by that third look I fell in love.  And I'm telling you, now I cannot get enough of it.  I'm copying this directly from Just Jared so I make sure I describe it perfectly... The gown is a, "nude Crepon Print Ruched Crescent Dress from the Pre-Fall 2011 Burberry Prorsum collection."  Got that? Yah, me too.  Mainly because this is the kind of dress that makes me happy to be a girl, just thinking that maybe someday I can put on something this amazing.  I believe Meester is my favorite of the evening.



Now, Michelle Williams' dress, on the other hand captured my heart at first glance. This Valentino piece is so amazingly perfect for Williams. Her pixie cut and those daisies were simply made for one another. And honestly, I mean to pull off that color so stupendously should be a crime. She is gorgeous.


Speaking of color, how great is that green?  And is that Angelina Jolie on my best dressed list?  Yes, indeed it is. Generally, I'm not a fan of Jolie.  But this Valentino gown finally earned her a spot.  I know she's grateful.  Can't you see it there in her eyes?

Anne Hathaway was glamorous as always in a Georgio Armani Prive stunner. This strong shouldered, long sleeved silhouette was popular last night, but Hathaway looked anything but "one of the crowd."  Its plunging back and shimmering paillettes floored me.  And those shoulder pads?  Let me tell you, I'm in love.  I cannot wait to see all the glamorous looks she pulls out when she hosts the Oscars in February!  Yippee!



I *heart* Amy Adams.  In my eyes she can do no wrong.  I love the deep beautiful blue of her Marchesa and the effortlessly chic styling of her hair.  And don't get me started on her creamy pale skin.  She reminds me that fair skin is LOVELY.  Thank you to Amy from all the pale girls of the world.


Ok, ok, so I know we've seen the full length, blush colored, sparkly gown on every red carpet for the last three years.  But I love the twist Heather Morris and designer Lorena Sarbu put on the look.  I adore the cap-ish sleeves and draped neckline


Claire Danes' NEON pink Calvin Klein gown is so beautiful in its simplicity.  This photo really doesn't do it justice.  I mean, we're talking, NEON pink, people.  This dress practically glowed.  And Danes, for whom it was custom made, looked radiantly beautiful wearing it while she collected her Golden Globe for her role in Temple Grandin.



And finally, the award for the most unexpectedly beautiful dress goes to this Zuhair Murad gown.  I saw this gown online first and dismissed it as boring.  But, once Jennifer Lopez wore it to present under those stage lights I was struck by its undeniable glamour.  The cape is so unusual and that delicate sparkle was out of this world.  The whole look was refined and perfect. Leave it to La Lopez to knock it out of the park.

On the whole, I thought last night's gowns were incredibly lovely. 
What a perfect way to kick off the red carpet season!

Who was YOUR favorite last night?