3.31.2011

Catchin' Up

Here's what's been going on for the past couple of weeks in a few quick tidbits.
(Thanks, Rachael, for the great idea that I am now blatantly stealing)

*I had a birthday and I freaked out.  I don't usually freak out at birthdays.  In fact, I usually eat them up and lick the plate clean.  But this time was a little bit different.  I freaked out hard core.  It wasn't the aging leads to dying thing that had me freaked.  I can honestly say that for the first time in my life I am NOT afraid of dying.  Heaven sounds good to me.  Not in a, "I WANT to die," kind of way.  But in a, "Life is probably always gonna be kinda hard (period)," kind of way.  Knowing that, Heaven sounds like a really nice alternative.  So nope it wasn't the dying aspect of the birthday that made me all weird and mopey.  It was the getting old factor.  I'm petrified of getting old.  I don't want my mind and body to start to give out.  I don't want to be "out of it." (and that's already happening... what's this "BBM" thing all the kids are doing?) I don't want to get OLD.  Therefore, my birthday brought a bit of anxiety.  But I've stuffed all those issues and am feeling much better now.

*On the bright side of the birthday, I got a new fancy schmancy camera.  We bought a Sony Nex and I'm still in the process of figuring out how to use it!  I'm just waiting for the sun to come back out so that I can take it outside and play around with it.  Stay tuned for some stunning photography around here.  (I'm setting the bar a bit high there probably).

*A girl I used to know in real life defriended me on Facebook recently.  It doesn't bother me that much since  I'm working on being okay with the fact that not everyone is going to like me.  What is annoying though is that when I see her at the gym (small town woe) she goes out of her way to make eye contact and smile really big at me.  That, to me, just reeks of fakity fake fake. Plus, it's annoying.  And possibly passive aggressive.


*With all the hype I've been seeing in the Twitter world about Pinterest lately, it was a bit frustrating to find myself "wait listed" when I tried to check it out for myself.  Wait listed?  Really?  The whole thing kind of makes me feel like I'm back on the grade school playground being picked last for kickball.  Not that I was ever picked last (yes, I was).  Has anyone else experienced the Pinterest "wait list" phenomena?  Does it end relatively quickly?  The past 12 hours have been a HUGE lesson in humility and patience for me.

*Never eat a giant Red Robin burger, two baskets of fries and a hot fudge sundae before teaching an hour long dance class. Even if the burger is free for your birthday and the fries are hot.

What's been going on with YOU?