8.03.2011

How I Spent My Tuesday

I got hit by a bus yesterday.








{long pause for effect}






Luckily, I was in my car and I barely felt a thing.


Hit By a Bus


But, come on. How many times in your life can you say, "I got hit by a bus," mean it, and be making a joke? I had to use it, right?

Here's the story. I was driving along, listening to Britney, and minding my own business.  There was a school bus in the lane next to me making a right turn.  All of a sudden it felt like I had gone over a pretty substantial bump.  Honestly, that's all the impact felt like. When I looked to my side view mirror to see what I'd driven over I saw this.


Photobucket


Unfortunately for my insurance company the bus drove off and we haven't been able to locate it.  I don't think it was a deliberate "hit and run" on the driver's part.  I really don't think he (I assume it was a he... I mean what is up with those male drivers? Am I right?) even noticed the collision. I barely did. And judging by the "hurtin'" that bus put on my poor little Jetta with such minimal impact, I'm pretty sure I didn't cause it too much damage.

According to the police officer, this is a pretty common accident that is reported.  And the insurance representative assured us it would be coded a "no fault" collision. Translation: it won't raise our insurance rates. I walked away from it unharmed and thankfully there weren't any kids in the bus so no one else was hurt.  Other than the fact that we'll have to pay our insurance deductible, {ouch} I'm pretty fortunate.

PLUS, I get to satisfy my inner drama queen (Is she really so hidden inside? Please don't answer that.) and tell everyone that I got, "hit by a bus yesterday."  Now, if that isn't a treat I don't know what is.

How long do you think I can milk that line for attention? At least a week, right?



I'm linked up today over The Girl With The Blue Bow.